To represent and advance the knowledge and practice of attendant care in Australia by:
- Enhancing the professionalism of attendant care by identifying, supporting, promoting and advising on best practice in attendant care through policy development, education and quality certification.
- Advocating for and promoting the delivery of quality attendant care for the public benefit.
- Raising awareness and profile of attendant care.
- Advocating for the development and implementation of appropriate legislation, policies, practices and programs relevant to attendant care at national, state and local levels encouraging intersectoral and interdisciplinary collaboration between Attendant care service providers, policy makers and researchers.
To achieve our vision and objectives, ACIA:
- Conducts education and training and convenes industry forums.
- Develops ACIA policies/position papers on relevant topics such as administration of medication in the community.
- Has developed a quality management system standard and certification program (the ACIS), specifically for the attendant care industry.
- Publishes monthly bulletins and email alerts for members/stakeholders.
- Provides industry representation on government advisory committees.
- Responds to government policy initiatives/proposals.